Here we are with our new normal. The government has issued guidelines that I need to adhere to and there are a few additional changes of my own that I’ve added in. You will see at the bottom of the page is a health questionnaire that will need to be completed before EVERY treatment. These guidelines will be in effect until restrictions are completely lifted and we go back to our old normal…still with me? Here we go.
- I’ll be washing my hands surgeon style up to my elbows (I work with my forearms and elbows quite a lot) before and after treatment. Please point me in the direction of a bathroom or kitchen for me to do so and have a clean towel or kitchen roll available for me to dry my hands.
- I’m required to wear a visor at all times. You are not required to wear a mask, but would ask that you do when face up or sidelying on the couch. I will have disposable masks to give you if you don’t have your own.
- I will have to take your temperature (contactless) prior to treatment, if it exceeds 37.8 degrees I will be unable to treat you..
- Payments will be completely contactless with immediate effect. As most of my treatments are over £45 you can pay with Apple or Google Pay if you have that set up or you can pay via bank transfer immediately after treatment. Bank payment details are as follows:
Account Name: Blissful Thinking (The bank can't seem to figure out why the account name and bank details don't match, but you can just bypass this. It's being looked into.)
Sort Code: 09-01-55
Account No: 50973680
- Please be aware that if you feel unwell in any way or think you may have been in contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19, please cancel your booking. There are no cancellation fees and I’ll be happy to reschedule for a later date. I may have to do the same so please be understanding if that happens.
- I won’t be able to do any facial massage at all. So I won’t be able to help with any TMJ issues, blocked sinuses or anything that involves me touching your face.
- Please open a window to help ventilate the room we'll be working in. I understand this may not be possible especially when the weather cools down. Please have an additional blanket close by if your prone to getting cold.
- I will no longer be bringing pillows or bolsters. Please have at least one pillow available (with an old pillow case or a towel that can go over it, I don't want to get massage wax on it) that will be placed under your ankles or knees during treatment. If you are having a pregnancy massage, please have at least 4/5 pillows available. These can be a combination of normal bed pillows and sofa cushions, this is to help you be supported and comfortable during your massage.
- On the subject of pregnancy massage, I will currently only be treating up to 34 weeks. I had decided to do this as the NHS are currently asking staff who are pregnant to take maternity leave 6 weeks prior to their due date. This is due to the increased risk of passing Covid-19 on to the baby in the event they contract it and your immune system is lowered during pregnancy. I'm being super cautious, I do not work on a ward or in the NHS, but better safe than sorry in my opinion.
- A health questionnaire will be sent to you before your appointment and will need to be completed before every treatment. All forms will be sent to you as I'm trying to become as contactless as possible. You can find the questionnaire here C-19 Health Questionnaire.
I hope these guidelines are clear, I’m desperate to make things as seamless as I can and would love for you to follow these guidelines if possible. Thank you so much.